Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

Why does the Active Ice® have a timer?

"My wife recently dislocated and broke her shoulder, a very painful event and recovery. Over the holidays we were able to get very firsthand experience using the Active Ice® System

Active Ice® Shoulder Compression Wrap
with Universal U-Shaped Bladder

First and foremost… it works great! The painkillers she was prescribed helped, but only up to a point, and the Active Ice® cold therapy got her through the time period for the next dose. A lifesaver for sure!

Rose celebrating Christmas with her grandson
after a cold therapy session.

The timer allowed only 30 minute sessions before it required resetting. This allowed her to check her skin before her next session (resetting the timer is an easy thing to do with the Active Ice® System sitting on a small stool right beside her). Several times she decided to wait before resetting the timer because her skin was so cold. 

30-minute timer on Polar's Active Ice® System

When improperly used, circulating water cold therapy machines can cause injury! Using an Active Ice® System with an integrated timer and following your healthcare practitioner's recommendations for duration and frequency of cold therapy sessions can help lessen the risk. The timer is an essential safety feature that we were very glad to have."

- William S. Graessle
President, Polar Products Inc.


Two testimonials from medical professionals
 with first-hand Active Ice® System experience:

"This [Active Ice®unit has been my lifesaver this weekendI did not realize there was a timer, a very important factor for healing. I am a nurse and we see many patients who have self inflicted nerve damage due to constant icing of an extremity. This, too, has been a life-saver. Thank you for a very fine product." 
- Linda W. in Leadville, CO

Active Ice® System

"Most physicians simply tell patients to "ice" an injured body part. But when the physician becomes the patient, she learns how messy and inconvenient most ice packs can be - not to mention they simply don't outlast the pain. No matter where you hurt, or why you hurt, pain takes your life away. When I blew out my knee I was not sleeping, in pain, and frustrated that nothing seemed to help. I purchased the active therapy system and now I call it my portable life support system - it provides immediate, continuous pain relief that is non-sedating and not addicting (unless ice is a vice!) I love this machine and it goes everywhere with me - day and night. Used as needed, intermittently, I find that I am more rested and relaxed - I thank you and I am sure my patients will thank you also!"
- Malinda Bell, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., Emergency Physician in Manistee, MI

Visit our website for more information and testimonials regarding our Active Ice® System.



No comments:

Post a Comment